A Typical Weekend
Saturday: Scouts get 7 hours of intensive theatre training by teachers with master degrees and decades of teaching experience. Scouts prepare their own meals and sleep in tents on the beautiful grounds of The Madeira School! (camping equipment provided; scouts provide personal gear).
Sunday: Scouts make breakfast, perform their skits in the amphitheater and receive badges.
- Who: Open to Girl scouts in 4th – 8th grades. We accept registrations from full troops and from individual scouts.
- Where: The Madeira School in McLean, VA
- When: Dates will vary year to year
- Time: Arrive at 10:00 AM on Saturday, and depart on Sunday at 11:00 AM.
- Fee: Base fee is $80/scout (for 7 hours of drama instruction, mask materials, TPE badge, food and shelter). No charge for adults. Every overnight can be individually tailored for your troop, which can affect pricing. Deposit of 25% required to reserve weekend.
- Troop Registration: Call 703-987-1712 or email us. Fill out Amphitheater Overnight Worksheet (pdf)
- Individual Registration: Fill out the Registration Form (pdf) and mail to Traveling Players Ensemble P.O. Box 1315, Great Falls, VA 22066. If you already have an Amphitheater Overnight scheduled or would like more information on the program, here are some handouts (in pdf format) that are useful: