To apply for any position, email coverletter and resume to email@example.com
Camp Director (1 opening): works closely with the Founder/Producing Artistic Director to plan, implement, and manage our vibrant summer camp. Primary duties include:
- Scheduling and coordinating (performance tours, festivals, classes);
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with parents;
- Managing transportation system (oversee bus maintenance, daily route schedule). Traveling Players owns five school buses used for daily pick-up and drop-off routes during summer camp as well as touring and other activities;
- Bus driving. Candidate must have or be willing to obtain a CDL (commercial drivers license) for back-up driving responsibilities;
- Supervising summer staff (assisting in hiring, training, orientation, communication);
- Building and maintaining relationships (with partnering organizations, students, families, touring venues);
- Assisting with registration and facilitating scholarship applications.
Ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience in camp management, a proven record of impacting an organization powerfully, and the following skills and characteristics:
- Highly organized, energetic, able to multi-task, prioritize, initiate, and collaborate;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Relish working outdoors;
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle;
- Optimistic spirit, good sense of humor, flexible and creative problem-solver and ability to maintain a level head in crisis situations;
- Bonus points for: knowledge of diesel mechanics, and experience with backpacking, working with teens, and theatre.
$400-$600/week base salary. This position has the potential to become a year-round position, either part-time or full-time with benefits, depending on the candidate. The position starts mid-May.
- Camp dates are June 27 to August 19, Monday through Friday, with overnight campouts every Thursday. Orientation runs June 20 to June 24 (including a Thursday overnight) and strike is on August 20 (both are mandatory).
- TPE is in residence at Lake Fairfax Park in Reston, VA. Transportation is provided from DC-metro area (space permitting). Staff housing is not included or provided by TPE.
- TPE provides training in First Aid, CPR, low ropes safety, Leave No Trace practices and CDL.
- TPE can supervise your work for internship or college credit.
To apply: Please email cover letter/resume to Jeanne Harrison, Producing Artistic Director; firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls welcome: 703-987-1712.
For more information, please visit www.travelingplayers.org.
Marketing Intern: assists artistic directors in re-writing program descriptions, revising website, placing ads, writing press releases and reviewing marketing plan and presenting recommendations.
Program Manager Intern: assists managing director and artistic director by serving as registrar for arts education programs, human resources for summer personnel and assisting in marketing program through by responding to inquires and attending publicity events.
Finance Intern: assists managing director and artistic director by submitting payroll, bookkeeping in QuickBooks, managing accounts payable, re-organizing list of accounts in QuickBooks to more seamlessly transfer into documents needed for most grants applications, analyzing fiscal health of organization and presenting recommendations.
Commitment: 2-3 days/week (24 hours max/week); occasional evening or weekend hours. Ideal candidate will be an arts management student; detail-oriented, highly organized, able to multi-task, initiate and collaborate; possess strong communication skills; have some experience in specific field and have a reliable vehicle (no public transportation available).
Compensation: Unpaid; however, TPE can supervise your work for internship or college credit. TPE is a growing organization and internships can lead to future employment (we’ve hired interns before!)