Traveling Players Students attribute numerous awards and distinctions to our programs and coaching, including:
- Winner: Helen Hayes Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Play, TPE student
- Nomination: Helen Hayes Award for Outstanding Ensemble, Resident Play, 2009, TPE student.
- English-Speaking Union Shakespeare Competition for the National Capital Region: 11 first-place awards in school competitions, Regional Finalist (2005, 2013), Regional Winner (2006 – competed in national competition at Lincoln Center), Regional 1st Runner-Up (2008), Regional 2nd Runner-Up (2012).
- Poetry Out Loud, National Endowment for the Arts, 2011 State Champion (MD) and National Finalist; 2012 State Champion (DC).
- Winner: Montgomery County Public Schools All-County Superintendent’s Performing Arts Award, TPE student.
- Winner: DC-area Cappies Critics and Awards Program, Best Musical, Best Song, Best Supporting Actress TPE students
- Nominations: DC-area Cappies Critics and Awards Program, Sound, Makeup, and Acting, TPE student.
- 1st Place: 10-minute Playwriting Contest at Arena Stage, 2011, TPE student.
- Forensics wins by TPE students:
- District Level: Dramatic Interpretation: 1st and 2nd place, Humorous Interpretation: 3rd place
- National Level: Dramatic Interpretation, Prose Reading, Top 50