D&D Improv: Thespians
Harness the popular role-playing game D&D to form a new kind of ensemble: the Adventuring Improv Party! Instead of retelling an already-existing story, we customize each adventure for maximum creativity and theatrical challenge!
Actors will create bold characters, overcome obstacles, and make strategic and innovative choices on the spot as they use long-form improvisation as a storytelling tool.
Each class will feed into the next, in an ongoing original story that encourages actors to work together both as characters and as collaborators designing an expansive story — their own epic adventure!
Only 2 Spots Left!
The Adventure Begins!
- Times: Sunday evenings! 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Dates: April 24 – May 22
- Location: Zoom (no driving!)
- Tuition: $150 ($175 after the Early Bird Discount flies away April 1 at midnight)
- If it’s your first D&D Improv class, you get 6 purple dice in a hand-crafted pouch, mailed directly to your house!
- Information on Financial Aid
Class Size: 6 adventurers (if we get more than 1 group, they will compete together!)
6th and 9th graders have choices at Traveling Players! You can choose to either age up into an older age group, or stay and be a leader in the younger age group – either way you’re sure to have a ton of fun!
Current 6th Graders
- If you’re new to theatre, or you just finished the Acting Sampler Week or the Mythology Ensemble, we recommended that you stay in the 4th– 6th grade program. Most of your friends from the summer will be here and you will work with many of the amazing teachers you already know and love.
- If you’re looking for a new challenge, or if you were a part of the Thespian Ensemble we recommend that you join our 6th-9th grade program.
Current 9th Graders
- If you’re new to theatre, or if you just finished our Thespian Ensemble, we recommended that you stay in the 6th-9th grade program. Most of your friends from the summer will be here, and you will work with many of the amazing teachers you already know and love.
- If you’re looking for a new challenge, or if you were a part of the Shakespeare Ensemble, we recommend that you join our 9th-12th grade program.
If you have any questions about which program would be perfect for you please call (703-987-1712) or email (campdirector@
Thank you for the energy and ingenuity you all have been putting into the camp this summer. These are tough times that require every person to adjust, and you, each and together, are making a huge improvement in the lives of the kids lucky enough to participate!