Freedom Center, Leesburg, VA
- 1 hour from Washington, DC.
- Nestled into the foothills of Virginia’s Catoctin Mountains.
- Freedom Center is private property and spacious (100 acres!)
Lodges & Facilities
Campers live in comfy, cozy Lodges (with electricity, AC, and bathrooms – flush toilets & showers!).
- Our campus features 3 Lodges around a central quad. Campers live with near-age peers, expanding their friendships to other ensembles.
- Each Lodge includes two sleeping bays of 8-12 beds (4-6 bunk beds).
- Each Lodge is unique, but all include common areas — inside with big comfy couches for relaxing, memorizing lines and hanging out with your friends; outside with large porches or pavilions offering even more hangout space for each Lodge.
- Staff live in private rooms within the Lodges so that they are nearby, attentive, and available, while still allowing campers an appropriate level of privacy.
- Artistic Director Jeanne Harrison lives next door to the Lodges in a cottage – always available.
- Campers will eat a delicious, diverse, and healthy menu. Every meal will have multiple options, including vegetarian options.
- Picnic tables and tree shade surround our dining hall, where campers will eat outdoors for maximum safety.
- Our dining hall has AC, bathrooms (they flush!) and the camp office & store. It’s perfect for rainy-day rehearsals or dancing the night away at Camp Prom!
- Adventure will surround us! There’s a lake (complete with a “blob,” a.k.a. the best thing ever), hiking trails, a challenge course, basketball court, volleyball court, lakeside firepits for s’mores and a meadow for stargazing!
- We’ll be rehearsing outdoors all day, enjoying everything Mother Nature has to offer! All our theatrical spaces are completely open-air.
- Indoor and outdoor rain spaces keep students safe and rehearsing all day long – no matter the weather!
- Both the Costume & Scene shops have AC and large windows which let in natural light – keeping everyone comfortable while working.